ESL - English as a Second Language
For those whose native language is not English and who want to learn to read, write, understand, and speak English.
- We offer one-to-one tutoring with a trained volunteer.
- One tutoring session per week – 1.5 to 2 hours.
- One hour per week of homework
- Meet with your tutor in person at a convenient library location or at our office, or meet with your tutor online through Zoom. We will try to match you with a tutor that is available at a time convenient for you.
- $45 per year.
- Books are provided at no charge.
- To register for one-to-one ESL tutoring call 614-444-7330 x2 or email annette.Cohn@oppeace.org.
- Testing and registration appointments are offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the school year. Please note we will begin taking registration appointments in late August each year and begin registration/testing in September.
- After testing and registration, learners’ names go to a waitlist to be matched with a tutor. We currently do not have enough tutors to match the demand, so some learners are waiting longer than we like. Wait time could be one to three months. To find a program that may be available sooner, click here.
View our newsletter to learn more about the DLC community of learners and tutors!