For adults who want to learn or improve reading, writing and/or math skills.
Adult Basic Education (ABE) is designed for adults who do not have a high school diploma but who want to learn or improve reading, writing and/or math skills, or for adults who have a high school diploma or GED but want a Math/Reading/Writing “Tune-up” to hone their skills in a particular subject.
- To help ensure your success you will be required to attend a five-week Success Orientation Class offered on Wednesday mornings throughout the school year. This orientation must be completed before you can be matched with a tutor.
- One tutoring session per week – 1.5 to 2 hours.
- One hour per week of homework
- Meet with your tutor in person at a convenient library location or at our office, or meet with your tutor online through Zoom. We will try to match you with a tutor that is available at a time convenient for you.
- Tuition is $45 per year. A required $10 deposit will be applied to your tuition cost.
- Books and supplemental online resources are provided.
- To register and find out the next available Success Orientation Class start date call 614-444-7330 x2 or email annette.Cohn@oppeace.org.
- Once you complete all five sessions of the Success Orientation Class, you will be matched with a tutor.
View our newsletter to learn more about the DLC community of learners and tutors!