Since our learners have a variety of educational needs, we offer a full range of services. There is something here for you!
– Adult Basic Education (ABE) is designed for adults who do not have a high school diploma but who want to learn or improve reading, writing and/or math skills.
– Graduate Equivalency Diploma (GED) preparation is for adults who did not graduate from high school and want to earn a high school equivalency diploma.
– Math/Reading/Writing Tune-up helps learners with a high school diploma or GED to hone skills in a particular subject.
*Students who are working on GED or ABE attend classes at the Dominican Learning Center or St. Thomas School.
– English as a Second Language (ESL) is designed for those whose native language is not English and who want to learn to read, write, understand and speak English.
– Conversation Buddies or Classes assist ESL learners to improve their speaking skills.
*ESL learners and tutors meet at libraries and other public locations convenient to them.
- Citizenship prepares adults who have an alien registration card, have lived in the United States for at least five years, meet the necessary requirements and wish to become citizens of the United States to take the Citizenship test.
- Computer Skills provide one-to-one instruction for students on a basic to intermediate level who want to learn basic computer skills. This takes place on a Wednesday or Thursday morning from 10:00 to 11:00 or 11:00 to 12:00.