Graduate Equivalency Diploma (GED) preparation is for adults who did not graduate from high school and want to earn a high school equivalency diploma.
Adult Basic Education (ABE) is designed for adults who do not have a high school diploma but who want to learn or improve reading, writing and/or math skills. Or for learners who have a high school diploma or GED but they want a Math/Reading/Writing “Tune-up” to hone their skills in a particular subject.
- To be matched with a tutor, learners are required to attend a five-week orientation offered on Wednesday mornings throughout the school year.
- Tutoring is once per week for 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Homework will take another hour per week.
You will meet with your tutor in person at a convenient library location or at our office. Or you can meet with your tutor online through Zoom. We will try to match you with a tutor that is available weekly when you are available.
- The cost is $45 per year ($10 deposit required before first session that goes toward your total cost.)
- Books and a supplemental online resource are provided.
- To register and find out the next available Success Orientation Class start date call 614-444-7330 x2 or email annette.Cohn@oppeace.org.
- We require a $10 deposit to hold your place in the class after you call.
- Once you complete all five sessions of the Success Orientation Class, you will be matched with a tutor in the area of Language Arts or Math. After finishing those subjects, you may work toward passing Science and Social Studies with the same tutor, another tutor, work on your own, or join one of our group classes.
View our newsletter to learn more about the DLC community of learners and tutors!