English as a Second Language (ESL) is designed for those whose native language is not English and who want to learn to read, write, understand, and speak English.
- We offer one-to-one tutoring with a volunteer who has completed the DLC training program.
- Tutoring is once per week for 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Homework will take another hour per week.
- You will meet with your tutor in person at a convenient library location or at our office. Or you can meet with your tutor online through Zoom. We will try to match you with a tutor that is available weekly when you are available.
- The cost is $45 per year.
- Books are provided.
- To register for one-to-one ESL tutoring call 614-444-7330 x2 or email annette.Cohn@oppeace.org. We will schedule a time for you to come to our office for testing and registration which is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the school year.
- Please note: After testing and registration, learner’s names go to a wait list to be matched with a tutor. We currently do not have enough tutors to match the demand, so some learners are waiting longer than we like. Wait time could be one to three months. We have therefore provided a list of other programs that offer ESL services.
View our newsletter to learn more about the DLC community of learners and tutors!